There's Uncle Joe, Aunt Yee, Elicia, and Jeremy Fenninger..
Aunt Yee is my mum's cousin, and that's how we're related..
They came to spend 3 weeks in Malaysia, visiting their relatives..
P/S: It's Uncle Joe and the kids' first time..
So since it's their first time, we brought them to many places..
Let's start with day number one..
11 October 2010
They reached around 4pm..
Mum brought them to the hot spring.. (I didnt go)
Then we had dinner together at Yik Khoon.. (Famous for CRABS!!)
They enjoyed it a lot.. Especially Elicia..
She LOVES crabs a lot..
-end of day one-
12 October 2010
The next day, we went to Genting Highland.. Woohoo..
First, we stopped by at Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong's cemetery..
Then, we went for a light lunch at The Bakery..
I had Milo Dinosaur and Chicken Pie..
Then we headed to the Outdoor Theme Park!!
The elephant ride!!! And I got the GREEN one~~~ =="
The kids feed the fishes..
And I wonder the fishes swim in circular form after they're fed..
Hmm.. Coz they're happy? Lol.. No idea..
Riding the Spinner..
This is a pic taken while we're on the Cyclone..
Look at Elicia's face.. Haha..
Pity her.. She cried after the ride..
But at least she's brave enough to try..
Though her mum said she rode even more scarier ones in Canada..
Kids with snake..
Elicia LOVES it a lot..
She loves animals a lot..
REALLY..
We tried out Archery too..
First time in life..
Nice experience.. =)
Elicia helping Miriam..
Later on, Miriam and Uncle Joe went on the Go Kart..
I'm kinda lazy to queue, that's why I didnt went for it..
While waiting..
Hehe..
We then had dinner at the Coffee Terrace..
Not forgetting, DESERT!!!
-end of day two-
13 October 2010
Brought them to my mum's kindergarten to visit..
![]() |
| The Malay Traditional Outfit.. |
Later on, a visit to my primary school..
Sugar Cane... First time eating like that.. Haha.. So cute..
Say Cheeze!!!
Me and mum brought the whole family to Taiping to visit some more relatives..
Miriam didnt follow coz she was sitting for her last paper..
So it's just me, mum, and the Canadian family..
We dropped by Cameron Highland..
There's Jeremy..
![]() |
| Strawberry Farm.. |
We reached Taiping around 10pm..
Stayed at Aunt Kui 's
(Mum's cousin, Jeremy and Elicia's mum's sister) house..
Aunt Kui owns a retail store.. (Kedai Runcit)
So we stay upstairs of the store..
This is the backstairs..
I kinda like it..
But we use the front stairs to go up of course..
Using this stairs to carry luggages are almost impossible..
Me and Mum's room is at the front,
which is facing the main road..
So, in the middle of the night..
We're accompanied by sweet "lullabies"...
They kinda sound like this:
Beep...(Motor Bike Horn)
Po.... (Lorry Horn)
bee buu bee buu bee buu.. (Ambulance pass by)
shh sha shh sha.. (Ppl cutting big ice cubes)
Alllaaahhh.... (Mosque prayers)..
Interesting huh?
So we kinda not sleep well in the first night..
But thank God, we still have enough
energy the next day... Haha..
-end of day three-
14 October 2010
We woke up around 9am..
Had Dim Sum with Kean Li GorGor..
Then we headed to my mum, her cousins' hometown
====>>>>> Kuala Gula
Kuala Gula is a fishing village where my grandparents, MY MUM'S grandparents, used to lived..
So, it's where my mum and her cousins all live..
My grandpa is a fishing man..
And he's kinda famous in that village too!!
*You know why I said that? Coz whenever ppl asked, who are you, my mum'll say her name, but no one knows.. Til she "sings" her father's name out.......
It sounds like emm "Kheng Hoon eh Kheng Hoon eh gan kuai lai..."
Everyone will be like:"AHHHHH... I know you..."... =="*
But seriously, my grandpa's kinda famous there.. Proud of him.. Hehe..
I kinda like coming here coz I used to have lots of fun too when my mum bring me here when I was little..
Here's one of the adults' friend's house..
the back of it of course..
There's Jeremy enjoying himself on a hammock..
We went on a boat ride.. WEEEE....XD
It's kinda long ride though.. about 40 minutes..
Coz the boat driver took us to visit another village..
On our way.. we saw..
Places where ppl rare fishes
in the middle of the sea
While travelling..
Jeremy got kinda tired..
So is Elicia..
Finally we reached the village..
Called "Lao Gang"
It's actually kinda like a "lost world"..
Coz you can only get there by boat..
There's no cars or motorbikes in this village..
Only bicycles..
And they cant get clean water to drink..
The only way to get drinking water is to
pump from below the earth..
But it taste salty too..
So, I'm really thankful for the place I live in right now..
See that bridge there?
It connects the village as there are two side of it..
And there are totally NO FENCING around the bridge..
So once you fall, you fall into the sea.. Hmm..
After looking around, we headed back to Kuala Gula..
Saw fishing boats..
There's Elicia sleeping again.. Sucking her thumb.. CUTE.. XD
After we reached Kuala Gula,
the kids start playing around AGAIN..
There's Jeremy Meditating.. Hahaha..
Ok, now, I'm gonna show you the house where my mum and her cousins grew up..
It's not original though, coz they have it renovated..
It's sold to one of my grandpa's friend..
See the tyre there? That used to be a toilet..
With no pipe connection..
The Pee and the Poo just "plop" into the sea..
*I know, it's disgusting, that why I make sure I dont have to go to toilet when I'm in Kuala Gula..* Haha..
Ok, this is where my ama used to rare pigs..
And this is the "backyard".. More like a "Seayard" actually..
My uncles and mum used to jump into the water after school for their bath.. Think about it, it's kinda fun.. I wish I had an experience like tat too..
-end of day four-
15 October 2010
Woke up early in the morning to get back home.. Sad.. =(
Had breakfast at another Aunt's coffee shop b4 we get back..
This is the first time Jeremy had Milo, and this is the first time I see a kid with Milo all over his face.. Hahaha..
Gonna miss him so much.. And the rest of the family too..
It was kinda hard to say goodbye..
By thank God, Mum and Dad decided to let me and sis visit them in Canada at the end of this year!!! WEEEEEE!!!!
It'll be the first time in my life spending a Winter holiday!!
Woohoo!! Cant wait for that day to come..
Will see ya soon... =)








































0 comments:
Post a Comment